Units covered in this qualification include:
- Safe working practices in the test centre
- Working relationships within the test centre
- Managing professional developments as an MOT Tester
- Carrying out pre-test checks for a statutory periodic roadworthiness test
- Carrying out a statutory periodic roadworthiness test
Once you have passed the final stage of your MOT Tester Training, the VT8 practical observation, you will be a qualified tester.
This course is delivered over 3 days – equating to 32 hours learning, including a minimum 8 hours practical training. There is also additional online learning prior to attendance which equates to 8 hours. With the Award in MOT Testing Class 4 & 7, students will also need to return for 1 day for Practical Training and Assessment.