Matters of Testing Blog
Published by DVSA
- Improving our guidance about managing an MOT centre - 8th July 2019
We’ve published new guidance about the management systems, policies and checks you need in place at your MOT centre. In this blog post, John Ploughman, Head of Content Design, talks about how th [...]
- A closer look at MOT risk rating - 14th June 2019
Chris Price explains more about the risk rating of garages and testers, and what this means for you. He also looks at future developments of the tool.
- May MOT horror stories - 22nd May 2019
More MOT horrors from testers around the country.
- Making it easier for motorists to replace a lost MOT certificate - 8th May 2019
We’re introducing a service for motorists to print their own lost or damaged MOT certificates. Find out how the change affects MOT testers.
- Spring MOT horror stories - 3rd April 2019
Welcome to another batch of horrors discovered by MOT testers around the country.
- MOT services we’re working on: 9 January 2019 - 9th January 2019
In his latest update, Neil Barlow explains what the MOT service team has been working on.
- The MOT nightmares before Christmas 2 - 24th December 2018
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way. The sound of sleigh bells could put even Ebeneezer Scrooge in the Christmas spirit - but the only bells some MOT testers heard this year were alarm bell [...]
- Black Friday MOT blues - 23rd November 2018
Today is Black Friday, but there are no great deals before Christmas here.
- What we’re doing to improve the quality of MOT testing - 12th November 2018
Every year, MOT testers do over 30 million MOT tests across Great Britain. We all have a part to play in maintaining and improving the standards of those tests - whether it’s DVSA, MOT managers, [...]
- Halloween horror stories 2: dawn of the defects - 31st October 2018
These are just some of the amazing MOT fails you've sent in to us in the last few weeks. Read and be amazed!
powered by RSS Just Better 1.4 plugin