Matters of Testing Blog
Published by DVSA
- Doing your MOT training and assessment on time - 31st July 2018
The second year of annual MOT training and assessment (2017 to 2018) closed in March, and it’s great to see most of you completed it and recorded your results in time.
- MOT services we’re working on: 6 July 2018 - 6th July 2018
In his latest update, Neil Barlow explains what the MOT service team have been working on, including improvements to the MOT system since the changes on 20 May and a new way of risk rating garages.
- How the new MOT defect categories will work - 20th April 2018
With 1 month to go until the MOT changes on 20 May 2018, Neil Barlow explains how the new MOT defect categories will work.
- MOT services we're working on: 27 March 2018 - 27th March 2018
Since my last blog post, we‘ve been progressing with preparation for the changes to the MOT that will come into effect from 20 May 2018. We’ve also made improvements to data within t [...]
- Why it’s important to check for corrosion - 20th March 2018
Corrosion is a common problem we’re sure you’re all aware of. It can make vehicles extremely dangerous to drive and in some cases can cause a vehicle to fall apart while it’s being d [...]
- MOT services we're working on: 23 January 2018 - 23rd January 2018
In our latest update, Neil Barlow explains some of the changes the MOT service team will be working on over the next few weeks, including changes to the MOT business service desk and the new inspectio [...]
- The MOT nightmares before Christmas - 20th December 2017
Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat, and someone, somewhere, is merrily driving along in a dangerously unsafe vehicle. As an early Christmas present for you, here’s a selection of the [...]
- Why we're changing manual advisories - 16th November 2017
I’d like to start by thanking you for your feedback on our last blog post. Looking through your responses, one topic really leapt out at us - manual advisories.
- What you need to know about the new roadworthiness directive - 3rd November 2017
You may have heard us mention this a few times over the last few years but we’re now getting near to implementing the roadworthiness directive. This follows recent Department for Transport (DfT) [...]
- Halloween horror stories - 31st October 2017
Seeing as it's Halloween, we thought we’d show you some of the more horrific and scary things MOT testers have found over the past few months.
powered by RSS Just Better 1.4 plugin