Matters of Testing Blog
Published by DVSA
- MOT services we're working on: 23 January 2018 - 23rd January 2018
In our latest update, Neil Barlow explains some of the changes the MOT service team will be working on over the next few weeks, including changes to the MOT business service desk and the new inspectio [...]
- The MOT nightmares before Christmas - 20th December 2017
Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat, and someone, somewhere, is merrily driving along in a dangerously unsafe vehicle. As an early Christmas present for you, here’s a selection of the [...]
- Why we're changing manual advisories - 16th November 2017
I’d like to start by thanking you for your feedback on our last blog post. Looking through your responses, one topic really leapt out at us - manual advisories.
- What you need to know about the new roadworthiness directive - 3rd November 2017
You may have heard us mention this a few times over the last few years but we’re now getting near to implementing the roadworthiness directive. This follows recent Department for Transport (DfT) [...]
- Halloween horror stories - 31st October 2017
Seeing as it's Halloween, we thought we’d show you some of the more horrific and scary things MOT testers have found over the past few months.
- MOT services we're working on: 26 October 2017 - 26th October 2017
It’s been a busy few weeks since my last blog post, so now’s a good time to update you on what we’ve been up to since. Until recently, we had 3 development teams working on the MOT s [...]
- Diesel particulate filters: protecting the environment and the MOT’s integrity - 25th September 2017
A vehicle that needs a particulate filter and doesn’t have one should fail its MOT. If you pass it knowing that it doesn’t have one, you’re harming the environment and committing fra [...]
- MOT services we’re working on: 18 September 2017 - 18th September 2017
Over the past few weeks, we’ve made some changes to improve the MOT testing service. Thanks for your feedback on the previous posts, I hope they’re giving you a better idea of the work tha [...]
- MOT services we’re working on: 10 August 2017 - 10th August 2017
I last updated you on what we’re doing to improve the MOT testing service on 7 July. Thanks for all your feedback. We do read it all and try and take it on board but I’m sorry that we don& [...]
- We’re developing a new MOT reminder service - 25th July 2017
We’re developing an MOT reminder service to help vehicle owners get their vehicle tested on time as part of our strategy to help people keep their vehicle safe to drive.
powered by RSS Just Better 1.4 plugin