Premier MOT – Course Terms and Conditions
Attendance and Eligibility
Premier MOT Training does its best to ensure that a delegate(s) is assigned to the course(s) most appropriate to their current skill base and learning abilities.
A delegate(s) may be asked to complete a pre-assessment questionnaire to determine the most appropriate course based on existing knowledge and current skill set. It is the responsibility of the delegate(s) to answer all questions accurately and without the assistance of others.
As a sign of our commitment to providing the right course(s) for the right delegate(s), if a course is started and it is clear that the delegate(s) is not of the appropriate skill base for the pace of the course(s), the delegate(s) will be offered alternative course options that provide the required pace and support that the delegate(s) would need.
Premier MOT Training reserves the right to remove a delegate(s) from larger group training and transfer to a smaller group or one-to-one teaching if the delegate(s) does not have the required knowledge or skill base for the pace and level of their course.
Training groups of between two and four delegates (smaller group training) and/or one-to-one teaching will carry a higher cost than the attendance of larger group training. The delegate(s) has the right to request a transfer to a more appropriate course or delivery style that best suits their skill base and pace. The difference in price between the larger group training and the smaller groups/one-to-one teaching will be offset to the delegate(s).
A deposit is required to book onto a course. Fees are as follows:
- For courses costing less that £500. 50% of the full course fee is payable at the time of booking and the balance is due 10 working days before the course start date.
- Courses costing above £500. £500 deposit is required (See T&C’s for payment details)
Payment plans are offered for the balance of courses priced at more than £500. Please speak to your Training Consultant to discuss this further, (T&C’s Apply). Please note payment plans may carry an additional fee.
Premier MOT Training reserves the right to cancel any course at any time, in which alternative dates will be offered or a full refund given.
For courses lasting one or two days in their entirety or priced at less than £500.
- The full balance is payable at the time of booking for courses lasting one or two days and/or priced at £500 and less.
- Payments are non-refundable for courses lasting one or two days and/or priced at £500 and less.
- If notice is received that you are no longer able to attend the course more than 20 complete working days before the course start date you will be offered the option to move your attendance to a course no more than three calendar months later than the original date, if available. To move course dates there is an administration charge of 25% of the full course value, payable at the time a new date is confirmed.
Where a new date is not available within three calendar months of the original course date a refund may not be offered subject to Premier MOT’s discretionary.
- If notice is received that you are no longer able to attend the course more than 11 complete working days but less than 20 complete working days before the course start date you will be offered the option to move your attendance to a course no more than three calendar months later than the original date, if available. To move course dates there is an administration charge of 50% of the full course value, payable at the time a new date is confirmed.
- Where notification is received that you are no longer able to attend the course less than 10 complete working days prior to the course start date, the fees paid will not refundable and the offer of an alternative date is discretionary.
Terms and Conditions for DVSA Observation
Please be advised a non-refundable and non-transferable fee of £150 will be charged at the time of booking. The booking fee is for the rental of our MOT test bay facilities for your observation only. Once the observation date and time has been confirmed with DVSA, we will book your time slot. The booking fee will be allocated to that time slot. Should you be unable to attend for any reason your booking fee will be forfeited. If you wish to book another time slot an additional fee of £150 will be charged.
You may share your DVSA observation time slot with up to a maximum of 4 other students. If you are the only person being observed, you will be required to bring an additional person to act as your assistant. If you require a member of Premier MOT staff to act as your assistant, there will be an additional charge of £75.00 per hour. A minimum charge of £75.00 applies.
We do not hold any responsibility to arrange your DVSA observation. You are required to book your observation date and time with DVSA directly.
Procedure for booking a DVSA observation:
> Enter your Award in MOT Testing certificate number on the MOT testing service
> Enter the VTS number of which centre you wish to be observed (this will be provided to you on booking)
> DVSA will contact Premier MOT to arrange an observation date (they prefer to attend when 3-4 people are being observed)
> We will contact you as soon as DVSA has been in touch with dates available
Please be advised we do not have control over the dates specified by DVSA. You must attend on the date allocated by DVSA. We are unable to refund your booking fee if you are unable to attend the date specified by DVSA. We are unable to refund your booking fee if DVSA change the date of your observation.
If you have not receive the observation date from DVSA within 6 weeks, then you do have the option to register a complaint. This must be done in writing to the senior vehicle examiner of your local area office, stating the date you registered on the MOT testing service. You must include your mot user id and the VTS number of the station you wish to be observed.
We strongly recommend you obtain your MOT security card before booking your observation on the MOT testing service. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have order and received your mot security card. You should check that it is working before you attend your DVSA observation. If you lose or damage your MOT security card, DVSA will not observe you and you will forfeit your £150 non-refundable booking fee.
On the day of your observation, you are required to bring your:
- MOT Security Card
- Original Level 3 Certification
- Award in MOT Testing Certificate
- Full Driving License
- Assistant (Only required if you are the only person being observed)
If you fail to bring any of the above items, DVSA will be unable to complete your observation. If you attend the observation and are unable to be observed by DVSA for any reason, your booking fee will be forfeited and you will be required to pay an additional £150.00 to rebook your observation.
All fees are payable to MOT Skills UK ltd (trading as Premier MOT Training), who are the proprietor and owner of the MOT stations in the Midlands and Essex.