Award in MOT Testing Class 1 & 2
Develop the skills to perform MOT Tests on Motorcycles
The Award in MOT Testing Class 1 & 2 has been developed with DVSA to give learners the knowledge and skills required to perform the MOT Test Routine on motorbikes.
After you complete the Award in MOT Testing Class 1 & 2, DVSA will need to observe you complete a VT8 demo MOT test. Once you have done this you will receive your testers licence.
To take this course, learners must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a full UK driving licence for the class you wish to test
- Have a minimum of 4 years’ full time experience in the service and repair of the vehicle types to be tested
- Have no unspent criminal convictions or offences
- Be of ‘good repute’
We have courses running every 2 weeks so you can choose to study in a way that suits your requirements and availability.
- Units covered in this qualification include:
- Safe working practices in the test centre
- Working relationships within the test centre
- Managing professional developments as an MOT Tester
- Carrying out pre-test checks for a statutory periodic roadworthiness test
- Carrying out a statutory periodic roadworthiness test
Once you have passed the final stage of your MOT Tester Training and the VT8 practical observation, you will be a qualified tester.
This course is delivered over 3 days – which includes 24 hours learning and a minimum 8 hours practical training. There is additional online learning to complete prior to attendance which is another 8 hours of learning.