Award in MOT Testing Class 4 & 7
Develop your skills to perform MOT Tests and gain your MOT qualification
The ABC Level 2 Awards in MOT Testing have been developed in collaboration with the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency DVSA to give learners the knowledge and skills required to perform MOT Tests.
After completing this course, the DVSA will need to observe you complete a VT8 demo MOT test, before you can receive your testers license and gain your MOT qualification.
To take this course, learners must meet the following criteria:
- Have a full UK driving licence for the class you wish to test
- Hold a level 3 qualification recognised by DVSA
- Have a minimum of 4 years’ full time experience in the service and repair of the vehicle types to be tested
- Have no unspent criminal convictions or offences
- Be of ‘good repute’
With courses running every 2 weeks, you can choose to study in a way that suits your requirements and availability.
- Units covered in this qualification include:
- Safe working practices in the test centre
- Working relationships within the test centre
- Managing professional developments as an MOT Tester
- Carrying out pre-test checks for a statutory periodic roadworthiness test
- Carrying out a statutory periodic roadworthiness test
Once you have passed the final stage of your MOT Tester Training, the VT8 practical observation, you will be a qualified tester.
This course is delivered over 3 days – equating to 32 hours learning, including a minimum 8 hours practical training. There is also additional online learning prior to attendance which equates to 8 hours. With the Award in MOT Testing Class 4 & 7, students will also need to return for 1 day for Practical Training and Assessment.